DWSIM Calculator
DWSIM Calculator is an app to calculate Phase Equilibria, properties of mixtures of substances (compounds) and Unit Operation models using advanced thermodynamics. Based on DWSIM's calculation engine, DWSIM Calculator features:
- An intuitive user interface for desktop process simulator users;
- Experimental data for more than 400 compounds;
- 6 calculation modes: Single Compound Properties, VLE/VLLE Phase Equilibria, True Critical Point, Phase Envelopes (PT, PH, PS, TH, TS, VP, VT), T-x-y and P-x-y Binary Envelopes;
- 6 thermodynamic model sets: Peng-Robinson Equation of State, NRTL, UNIQUAC, Modified UNIFAC (Dortmund), Raoult's Law and IAPWS-IF97 Steam Tables;
- 5 state specifications: Temperature/Pressure, Pressure/Enthalpy, Pressure/Entropy, Temperature/Vapor Fraction and Pressure/Vapor Fraction;
- Phase properties: Compound Mass/Mole fractions, Fugacities, Activity Coefficients, Enthalpy, Entropy, Compressibility Factor, Density, Molecular Weight, Heat Capacity, Thermal Conductivity and Viscosity;
- Single Compound Properties: Critical Parameters, Acentric Factor, Chemical formula, Structure formula, CAS Registry Number, Boiling Point Temperature, Vapor Pressure, Heat of Vaporization, Ideal gas Enthalpy, Ideal gas Enthalpy of Formation at 25 C, Ideal Gas Gibbs Free Energy of Formation at 25 C, Ideal Gas Entropy, Heat Capacity Cp, Ideal Gas Heat Capacity, Liquid Heat Capacity, Solid Heat Capacity, Heat Capacity Cv, Liquid Viscosity, Vapor Viscosity, Liquid Thermal Conductivity, Vapor Thermal Conductivity, Solid Density, Liquid Density and Molecular Weight.
- Unit Operation calculation models: Valve, Heater/Cooler, Pump, Compressor/Expander, Heat Exchanger, Gas-Liquid Separator, Shortcut Column.
The calculation results can be viewed in text reports or charts. Reports can be shared as plain text (send as message, email, publish on facebook, etc) and charts can be shared as PDF or PNG files.
 Supported Compounds
Click here to see a list of supported compounds in DWSIM Calculator for Android and iOS.
The data and information within DWSIM Calculator has been obtained from a wide variety of literature sources. While reasonable care has been exercised in the collection of data and testing of this software, the author disclaims any warranty, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or reliability of the data or calculations contained therein. The results of calculations obtained from the software yield approximate results, which will not always be suitable for every application. The software is designed for use by trained professional personnel and is not a substitute for sound professional judgment. It is the sole responsibility of the user to validate the data presented by the software and to determine whether the results of this program are accurate and suitable for any specific purpose. No guarantee of accuracy or fitness for any purpose is expressed or implied. The author strongly recommends that the data be checked against other sources and/or methods before use and application. The author shall not be held liable for any direct, indirect, consequential or incidental damages incurred through use of the data or calculations.
 DWSIM Calculator Free
DWSIM Calculator Free version has no Unit Operation models and includes data for Water, Ethanol, Methane, Ethane and Propane only.