Compiling DWSIM on Linux
Setup the Environment
You must install Mono 5.12.0 (preview version). Follow the steps on this page to do it, or run the following commands if you're running Ubuntu 16.04 (x64):
sudo apt-key adv --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 --recv-keys 3FA7E0328081BFF6A14DA29AA6A19B38D3D831EF sudo apt install apt-transport-https echo "deb https://download.mono-project.com/repo/ubuntu preview-xenial main" | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mono-official-preview.list sudo apt update
sudo apt-get install git
Install the latest preview version of MonoDevelop (v7.6) and Mono Framework (v5.12.0):
sudo apt-get install mono-complete sudo apt-get install monodevelop
Download DWSIM source code
Download DWSIM's source code from GitHub:
git clone https://github.com/DanWBR/dwsim5 dwsim5
Switch to the monodevelop branch
cd dwsim5 git checkout monodevelop
Compile and Run
- Go to 'File' > 'Open' and locate the solution file DWSIM5.sln at the root folder of the project source.
- Change the build configuration to 'Debug' or 'Release' and 'x64'.
- Build the solution.
- The Classic UI executable (DWSIM.exe) will be located on DWSIM/bin/Debug/ or DWSIM/bin/Release/, depending on your build configuration.
- The Cross-Platform UI executable (DWSIM.UI.Desktop.exe) will be located on DWSIM.UI.Desktop/bin/Debug/ or DWSIM.UI.Desktop/bin/Release/, depending on your build configuration.
- Before running DWSIM, copy all files from PlatformFiles/Common and PlatformFiles/Linux, in this order, to the build output/destination directory. This is required so you won't get an error regarding a missing CoolProp native library:
For questions related to compiling and testing DWSIM on Linux, use the support forums on SourceForge.