DWSIM Simulator for iPhone/iPad
The award-winning Chemical Process Simulator for Desktop is now available for iPhone and iPad!
DWSIM Simulator is a complete Chemical Process Simulator for iPhones and iPads, featuring:
- Complete offline funcionality: no need to connect to online databases or servers, DWSIM runs completely offline on your device, wherever you are!
- Touch-enabled Process Flowsheet Diagram (PFD) Drawing Interface: A hardware-accelerated PFD interface with touch support allows Chemical Engineers to build complex process models in a few minutes.
- Vapor-Liquid Equilibrium calculations using Equation of State and Activity Coefficient models: calculate fluid properties and phase distribution with advanced thermodynamic models.
- Compound database with extensive data for more than 400 compounds
- Rigorous Thermodynamic Models *: Peng-Robinson EOS, Soave-Redlich-Kwong EOS, Lee-Kesler-Plöcker, Chao-Seader, Modified UNIFAC (Dortmund), UNIQUAC, NRTL, Raoult's Law and IAPWS-IF97 Steam Tables
- Comprehensive Unit Operation Model set *, including Mixer, Splitter, Separator, Pump, Compressor, Expander, Heater, Cooler, Valve, Shortcut Column, Rigorous Distillation And Absorption Columns, Heat Exchanger, Reactors, Component Separator, Pipe Segment
- Logical Blocks: Recycle and Adjust (Controller)
- Support for Chemical Reactions and Reactors *: DWSIM features support for Conversion, Equilibrium and Kinetic reactions, together with their respective Reactor models.
- Sensitivity Analysis Tool
- Parallel multicore CPU calculation engine: a fast and reliable flowsheet solver takes advantage of the multicore CPUs on modern mobile devices.
- Save, Load and Share XML simulation files
- Export, View and Share simulation results to PDF and Text documents
* some items are available through one-time in-app purchases
Support and Resources
The data and information within DWSIM has been obtained from a wide variety of literature sources. While reasonable care has been exercised in the collection of data and testing of this software, the author disclaims any warranty, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or reliability of the data or calculations contained therein. The results of calculations obtained from the software yield approximate results, which will not always be suitable for every application. The software is designed for use by trained professional personnel and is not a substitute for sound professional judgment. It is the sole responsibility of the user to validate the data presented by the software and to determine whether the results of this program are accurate and suitable for any specific purpose. No guarantee of accuracy or fitness for any purpose is expressed or implied. The author strongly recommends that the data be checked against other sources and/or methods before use and application. The author shall not be held liable for any direct, indirect, consequential or incidental damages incurred through use of the data or calculations.