- 1 Features by Platform
- 2 Main Features (Desktop version)
- 3 Highlights
- 3.1 Parallel Calculation Engine
- 3.2 Binary VLE/LLE/SLE Data Regression
- 3.3 CAPE-OPEN Property Package Socket
- 3.4 CAPE-OPEN Unit Operation Socket
- 3.5 DWSIM as a CAPE-OPEN Property Package Manager
- 3.6 Thermodynamic Models
- 3.7 Flash Algorithms
- 3.8 Multivariate Optimization
- 3.9 Flowsheet Drawing Surface
- 3.10 Spreadsheet
Features by Platform
See Features by Platform.
Main Features (Desktop version)
From version 4.1 onwards, DWSIM is able to simulate steady-state vapor-liquid-liquid-solid equilibrium processes with the following Thermodynamic Models and Unit Operations:
- Thermodynamic Models: Peng-Robinson, Peng-Robinson-Stryjek-Vera 2, Soave-Redlich-Kwong, Lee-Kesler, Lee-Kesler-Plöcker, UNIFAC(-LL), Modified UNIFAC (Dortmund), UNIQUAC, NRTL, COSMO-SAC, Chao-Seader, Grayson-Streed, LIQUAC*, Extended UNIQUAC, Raoult's Law, IAPWS-97 Steam Tables, IAPWS-08 Seawater, Black-Oil and Sour Water.
- Unit Operations: CAPE-OPEN Socket, Mixer, Splitter, Separator, Pump, Compressor, Expander, Heater, Cooler, Valve, Pipe Segment, Shortcut Column, Heat Exchanger, Reactors (Conversion, PFR, CSTR, Equilibrium and Gibbs), Distillation Column, Simple, Refluxed and Reboiled Absorbers, Component Separator, Orifice Plate, Solids Separator, Continuous Cake Filter; Excel, Script and Flowsheet Unit Operations.
- Utilities: Phase Envelope, Natural Gas Hydrates, Pure Component Properties, True Critical Point, PSV Sizing, Vessel Sizing, Spreadsheet and Petroleum Cold Flow Properties.
- Tools: Compound Creator, Bulk C7+/Distillation Curves Petroleum Characterization, Petroleum Assay Manager, Reactions Manager.
- Process Analysis and Optimization: Sensitivity Analysis Utility, Multivariate Optimizer with bound constraints.
- Extras: Binary VLE/LLE/SLE Data Regression, Support for Runtime Scripts, Plugins and CAPE-OPEN Flowsheet Monitoring Objects.
Parallel Calculation Engine
DWSIM maximizes the utilization of your computer's full processing power through the new parallel calculation engine, supporting multicore processors and CUDA/OpenCL GPUs for dramatic gains in calculation times.
Binary VLE/LLE/SLE Data Regression
The Data Regression Utility supports regression of experimental binary data for determination of interaction parameters for PC-SAFT, PR, PRSV2, SRK, UNIQUAC, NRTL and LKP models.
VLE Pxy/Txy, LLE Txx and SLE TTx data sets are supported. The Data Regression Utility also possesses some handy aditional features like calculation of initial values for the binaries using UNIFAC/MODFAC structure information and calculation of missing experimental data using known models/binaries for determination of parameters for other models.
CAPE-OPEN Property Package Socket
DWSIM now supports loading of external CAPE-OPEN thermodynamic equilibrium and property calculators. Integration is done transparently and the user only has to map PP‟s components and phases to internal DWSIM ones.
CAPE-OPEN Unit Operation Socket
CAPE-OPEN Unit Operations can be added to DWSIM flowsheets and connected to/from energy and material streams just as normal DWSIM Unit Operations. DWSIM also implements the CAPE-OPEN Reaction interfaces so you can use your CO Reactor together with DWSIM and manage your reactions using the Reactions Manager as usual.
DWSIM as a CAPE-OPEN Property Package Manager
DWSIM exposes its Property Packages to CAPE-OPEN Thermo 1.1 compliant simulators. All property and equilibrium models are available, including the newest VLLE Flash Algorithm.
DWSIM includes the most common thermodynamic models in the industry, covering everything related to vapor-liquid equilibria - from hydrocarbon mixtures using Equations of State to highly non-ideal azeotropic systems using Activity Coefficient models.
DWSIM includes a range of equilibrium flash algorithms that can solve equilibrium problems from common VLE to the more complicated VLLE/SLE systems.
The new Optimizer in DWSIM handles single and multivariate optimization problems with or without bound constraints. The objective function can be either a variable in the flowsheet or an expression as a function of as many variables as you need.
Flowsheet Drawing Surface
The Process Flowsheet Drawing Surface contains all the required features in order to completely define Streams, Unit Operations and how they are connected to each other. Features like zooming, panning, object rotation and cloning help on productivity. Property tables can also be shown, just like in Aspen HYSYS.
The spreadsheet implemented in DWSIM allows quick calculations involving the properties of the objects in a simulation. All values are updated every time the flowsheet is recalculated.