DWSIM Simulator for Android
DWSIM is an open-source CAPE-OPEN compliant chemical process simulator for Windows and Linux. Built on the top of the Microsoft .NET 4.0 and Mono Platforms and featuring a rich Graphical User Interface (GUI), DWSIM allows chemical engineering students and chemical engineers to better understand the behavior of their chemical systems by using rigorous thermodynamic and unit operations' models with no cost at all. Since DWSIM is open source, they can see how the calculations are actually being done by inspecting the code behind during execution using free tools available elsewhere.
DWSIM has an easy-to-use graphical interface with many features previously available only in commercial simulators:
- CAPE-OPEN features: Thermo 1.0/1.1 Property Package Socket, Thermo 1.1 Property Package Server, Unit Operation Socket and Flowsheet Monitoring Object support. Additionally, DWSIM exposes its IronPython Script (Custom) Unit Operation for all CAPE-OPEN compliant simulators.
- Thermodynamic models: PC-SAFT, FPROPS, CoolProp, Peng-Robinson, Soave-Redlich-Kwong, Lee-Kesler, Lee-Kesler-Plöcker, UNIFAC, Modified UNIFAC (Dortmund), UNIQUAC, NRTL, COSMO-SAC, LIQUAC*, Extended UNIQUAC, Chao-Seader, Grayson-Streed, Raoult's Law, IAPWS-IF97 Steam Tables, IAPWS-08 Seawater, Black-Oil and Sour Water;
- Unit Operations: Mixer, Splitter, Separator, Pump, Compressor, Expander, Heater, Cooler, Valve, Pipe Segment, Shortcut Column, Heat Exchanger, Reactors, Component Separator, Orifice Plate, Distillation/Absorption Columns, Solids Separator, Cake Filter, Excel, Script and Flowsheet Unit Operation;
- Utilities: Phase Envelope, Hydrate Calculations, Pure Component Properties, Critical Point, PSV Sizing, Vessel Sizing, Spreadsheet and Petroleum Cold Flow Properties;
- Tools: Binary Data Regression, Compound Creator, Bulk C7+ and Distillation Curves Petroleum Characterization and Reactions Manager;
- Process Analysis: Multivariate Constrained Optimization and Sensitivity Analysis utility;
- Extras: Scripting System and Plugins Interface.
DWSIM's thermodynamics calculation engine is also available as a standalone dynamic link library (DLL) that can be linked against proprietary applications. Click here for more details.
Latest Public Builds: v4.0 / v3.7 Build 6055
For detailed information about the release notes, system requirements and system-specific installation instructions, please go to the Downloads page.
Click here to browse the file repository in the SourceForge Project Page.
- Click here to see a list with all pages in this Wiki.
- Check the Features, FAQ and What's New pages for more information about DWSIM main features.
- The tutorials section contains links to videos and articles to help you with general DWSIM usage.
- If you have a bug to report, use the ticket system for DWSIM. You might want to take a look at the Knowledge Base section before creating a new bug ticket.
- If you are looking for some support on using DWSIM or have something to share with other users, use one of the Forums available in the Sourceforge project page. Support is available in English and Brazilian Portuguese languages.
- You can also subscribe to the Mailing Lists as an alternative/complement to the Support Forums.