DWSIM is a multiplatform, CAPE-OPEN compliant chemical process simulator for Windows, Linux, Android, macOS and iOS. Built on the top of the Microsoft .NET and Mono Platforms and featuring a rich Graphical User Interface (GUI), DWSIM allows chemical engineering students and chemical engineers to better understand the behavior of their chemical systems by using rigorous thermodynamic and unit operations' models with no cost at all.
DWSIM has an easy-to-use graphical interface with many features previously available only in commercial simulators:
- CAPE-OPEN features (Windows): Thermo 1.0/1.1 Property Package Socket, Thermo 1.1 Property Package Server, Unit Operation Socket and Flowsheet Monitoring Object support. Additionally, DWSIM exposes its Python Script (Custom) Unit Operation for all CAPE-OPEN compliant simulators.
- Thermodynamic Models: GERG-2008, PC-SAFT, CoolProp, Peng-Robinson, Peng-Robinson (1978), Soave-Redlich-Kwong, Lee-Kesler, Lee-Kesler-Plöcker, UNIFAC, Modified UNIFAC (Dortmund), UNIQUAC, NRTL, Chao-Seader, Grayson-Streed, Raoult's Law, IAPWS-IF97 Steam Tables, IAPWS-08 Seawater, Black-Oil, Sour Water and Aqueous Electrolytes;
- Dynamic Modeling and Simulation: PID Controller, Event Scheduler, Monitored Variables, Configurable Integrator, Cause-and-Effect Matrices, Control Panel (Real-Time) Mode, Indicators, Analog and Digital Gauges, Input Fields and Switches;
- Unit Operations (Steady-State): Mixer, Splitter, Separator, Pump, Compressor, Expander, Heater, Cooler, Valve, Pipe Segment, Shortcut Column, Heat Exchanger, Conversion/Equilibrium/Gibbs Reactors, PFR, CSTR, Component Separator, Orifice Plate, Distillation/Absorption Columns, Solids Separator, Cake Filter, Spreadsheet, Python Script and Flowsheet Unit Operation;
- Unit Operations (Dynamics): Mixer, Splitter, Separator, Pump, Compressor, Expander, Heater, Cooler, Valve, PFR, CSTR, Heat Exchanger, Spreadsheet and Python Script;
- Utilities: Phase Envelope, Hydrate Calculations, Pure Component Properties, Critical Point, PSV Sizing, Vessel Sizing, Spreadsheet and Petroleum Cold Flow Properties;
- Tools: PID Controller Tuning, Binary Data Regression, Compound Creator, Bulk C7+ and Distillation Curves Petroleum Characterization and Reactions Manager;
- Process Analysis: Multivariate Constrained Optimization and Sensitivity Analysis utility;
- Extras: Scripting System and Plugins Interface.